Throughout the autumn of 1944, the Axis forces in the Carpathian Basin were fighting for their very existence. Campaign: Fortress Budapest will inspire and guide you through the entirety of this particular conflict and on to many more victories with your Bolt Action forces!
What is this book?
The Siege of Budapest, the Soviet invasion of Hungary that led up to it, and the desperate German offensives to relieve the city covered kilometres of frontline; these battles lasted eight months and involved hundreds of thousands of combatants. Within the 168 pages of this impressive resource, the authors have squeezed in a variety of very different scenarios for players.
Fortress Budapest is the latest Campaign expansion to Bolt Action Second edition. Whilst there is historical detail within the narrative, this volume is not a history book – it is first and foremost an impressive wargaming supplement. The intention of the author Bryan Cook and the team who put this book together was to provide a good mixture of scenarios, new units, and new rules whilst still giving some historical background for context. Some previously published rules and units have also been reprinted – this is to save players the expense of buying additional books for content which is vital to this volume, but might form only a small part of other books.
What's in this book:
Packed with history Fortress Budapest contains complete scenarios, additional special rules, army lists, new units and of course the all-important complete theatre selectors.
- Fighting for Transylvania
- Scenario 1: Hold the Ojtózi Pass
- The Battle of Tordá
- The Red Army Arrives
- Direct Assault on Tordá
- Scenario 2: Into the Valley of Death
- Counter-attack at Debrecen
- Operation Debrecen
- Coup in Budapest
- Scenario 3: Operation Debrecen
- A Phone Call With Stalin
- Operation Budapest
- Fortress Kecskemét
- Scenario 4: Flak-Regiment 133
- Breakout Under Moonlight
- Chaotic Retreat
- The Attila Line
- Scenario 5: The Attila Line
- Breakthrough at Pestszentimre
- Scenario 6: Counter-attack at Pestszentimre
- Enter the 3rd Ukrainian Front
- Festung Budapest
- SS IX Mountain Corps
- German Strength in Budapest
- Scenario 7: The Back Door Left Open
- The First Assault on Pest
- Scenario 8: Street Fighting in Pest
- Block by Block
- Scenario 9: Withdrawal Across the Danube
- Relief Attempts
- Scenario 10: Operation Konrad I
- Operation Konrad II
- Scenario 11: Operation Konrad III
- Last Stand in Buda
- Városmajor Grange
- Scenario 12: Farkasréti Cemetery
- Scenario 13: The Buda Hills
- Scenario 14: Supply Drop
- The End is Nigh
- Scenario 15: The Last Redoubt
- The Breakout Attempt
- Sacrificed for the Reich
- Operation Spring Awakening
- Hitler’s Last Gamble
- Scenario 16: Death Ride of the Panzers
- New Units
- Include; German, Hungarian, Soviet and Romanian
New Theatre Selectors:
- For Germany
- Panzer Kampfgruppe Armoured Platoon
- 1944–45 Panzergrenadier Reinforced Platoon
- Panzer Reconnaissance Reinforced Platoon
- Heavy Anti-aircraft battery Reinforced Platoon
- IV SS Panzer Corps Armoured Platoon
- 6th SS Panzer Army Armoured Platoon
- For Hungary
- Carpathian Mountains Border Guards Reinforced Platoon
- Assault Artillery Battery Armoured Platoon
- Hungarian Armoured Field Division Armoured platoon
- For Hungary & Germany
- Budapest Pocket Defenders Reinforced Platoon
- For Soviet Union
- Guards Mechanised Brigade Armoured Platoon
- Forward Detachment Reconnaissance Party Reinforced Platoon
- Urban Assault Group Reinforced Platoon
- Soviet Anti-tank Strongpoint Reinforced Platoon
- For Romania
- 1944 Allied Romanian Infantry Division Reinforced Pl
Additional Special Rules:
- City Fighting
- Sewer Movement
- Command and Control in a City Fight
- City Siege Assets
Order your copy from Warlord today and get a FREE exclusive miniature - Major Edömér Tassonyi!
Major Edömér Tassonyi was the commanding officer of the I/I Battalion. He developed a hard fighting and pragmatic reputation while fighting on the Attila Line to defend his nation’s capital. His courage under fire and leadership helped his paratroopers hold the front line for 19 days of continuous close combat.
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted
NB. All orders shipped from the UK - view preparation & shipping times
Customs fees and import duties are the responsibility of the customer.
Standard Service: FREE on orders over £50, otherwise £5.
Courier Service also available - view details.
Pick up at Show: available at checkout (depending on date).
Visit Us: view details.
Returns & Exchanges
If there are any problems with your order, or somebody just bought you the wrong thing as a present, please get in touch. We're nice guys and we'll do our best to solve the problem:
Call: 0115 978 4495 (9.00am - 4.30pm UK time)
Whether you want to know when your order will arrive or which hats your Napoleonic troops should be wearing, our customer service team can help!
Call: 0115 978 4495 (9.00am - 4.30pm UK time)